All AMC Shows
Movies on AMC
Million Dollar Baby (2004)
Million Dollar Baby is a 2004 sports drama film directed, co-produced, and scored by Clint Eastwood and starring Eastwood, Hilary Swank, and Morgan Freeman. It is the story of an under-appreciated boxing trainer, his elusive past, and his quest for atonement by helping an underdog amateur boxer (the film's title character) achieve her dream of becoming a professional. The film won four Academy Awards, including Best Picture. The screenplay was written by Paul Haggis, based on short stories by F.X. Toole, the pen name of fight manager and "cutman" Jerry Boyd. Originally published under the title Rope Burns, the stories have since been republished under the film's title. Margaret "Maggie" Fitzgerald, a waitress from a Missouri town in the Ozarks, shows up in the Hit Pit, a run-down Los Angeles gym which is owned and operated by Frankie Dunn, a brilliant but only marginally successful boxing trainer. Maggie asks Dunn to train her, but he angrily responds that he "doesn't train girls." Maggie attempts to win Frankie over by working out tirelessly each day in his gym, even when others discourage her.
Online Content related to
Million Dollar Baby
- Million Dollar Baby Diet of Champions Quiz
- Underdog Stories Movie Quiz
- Hilary Swank's Enduring Relationship with Gleason's Gym
- Cannes Film Festival - Film Critic and Documentarian Richard Schickel Takes on Warner Bros.
- Can Actors Shine Behind the Camera?
- Flashback Five - Your Top Clint Eastwood Movies
- Flashback Five - Clint Eastwood's Best Movies
- Flashback Five - Morgan Freeman's Best Movies
- Bam! Check Out These Eight Brutal Boxing Beatdowns
- Hilary Swank Isn't the Only Knockout With a Knockout Punch
- Flashback Five - The Best Movies of Director Clint Eastwood
- Flashback Five - The Sundance Movies That Made Hollywood Stars