All AMC Shows
Movies on AMC
Armageddon is a 1998 American disaster film, directed by Michael Bay, produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and released by Disney's Touchstone Pictures. The film follows a group of blue-collar deep-core drillers sent by NASA to stop a gigantic asteroid on a collision course with Earth. It features an ensemble cast including Bruce Willis, Ben Affleck, Billy Bob Thornton, Liv Tyler, Owen Wilson, Will Patton, Peter Stormare, William Fichtner, Michael Clarke Duncan, Keith David and Steve Buscemi. Armageddon opened in theaters only two-and-a-half months after a similar impact-based movie, Deep Impact, which starred Robert Duvall and Morgan Freeman. Armageddon fared better at the box office; astronomers described Deep Impact as being more scientifically accurate. Both films were equally received by film critics. Armageddon was an international box-office success, despite generally negative reviews from critics. It became the highest-grossing film of 1998 worldwide surpassing the Steven Spielberg war epic, Saving Private Ryan.
Asteroid or Hollywood sound stage? The effect is incredible, isn't it!?
Online Content related to
- Ultimate Fan Quiz - Michael Bay
- AMC Developing Two New Series - Rectify and Red Mars
- Playing God in Disaster Movies - Who Should Live and Die in Armageddon, Twister, Etc.
- Pearl Harbor Finds Michael Bay Shooting for Respect
- Warning - Signature Songs From Top Gun, Rocky and Beyond Will Stick in Your Head
- Flashback Five - The Best Movies of Michael Bay
- Call Him Indy Stalker - Ben Affleck Shadows Harrison Ford's Career
- Flashback Five - The Sundance Movies That Made Hollywood Stars