All AMC Shows
Movies on AMC
The Fugitive (1993)
The Fugitive is a 1993 American thriller film based on the television series of the same name. The film was directed by Andrew Davis and stars Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones. The story opens as Richard Kimble (Harrison Ford) is wrongfully convicted of the murder of his wife. Soon after, Kimble escapes from custody and sets out to prove his innocence and bring those who were responsible to justice whilst being pursued relentlessly by a team of US Marshals, led by Deputy Samuel Gerard (Tommy Lee Jones). The film garnered critical and commercial success, with worldwide box office takings of $368,875,760 from a $44 million budget. It was nominated for seven Academy Awards, including Best Picture, a rarity for a film associated with a television series, and Jones won for Best Supporting Actor. It presently holds a 94% score on Rotten Tomatoes and a rating of "universal acclaim" from Metacritic. It was followed by a sequel, US Marshals, in which Jones reprised his role as Gerard. Dr. Richard Kimble, a successful vascular surgeon in Chicago, comes home one night to find his wife, Helen, fatally wounded by a one-armed man, and though he attempts to subdue the killer, the man escapes.
Online Content related to
- Death Hunt's Albert Johnson or The Fugitive's Richard Kimble... Who's Got Your Sympathies?
- Harrison Ford Action Hero Movie Quiz
- Are Harrison Ford's Han Solo and Indiana Jones Really Tougher Than His Richard Kimble?
- Story Notes for The Fugitive
- U.S. Marshals Provides Insight for a Wesley Snipes Escape
- Ultimate Fan Quiz - Harrison Ford
- Flashback Five - Tommy Lee Jones's Best Movies
- Flashback Five - The Moviegoer's Guide to Getting Out of a False Arrest
- Flashback Five - The Best Harrison Ford Roles You've Never Seen
- Someone Please Carve Tommy Lee Jones on a Mount Rushmore for Actors
- U.S. Marshals and Five Other Stealthy Movie Sequels
- Flashback Five - Oscar Nominations That Raised Eyebrows
- For Timecop, Murder Is Forever! 20 Tag Lines You'll Never Forget