All AMC Shows
Movies on AMC
Batman is a 1989 American superhero film directed by Tim Burton. Based on the DC Comics character of the same name, the film stars Michael Keaton in the title role, as well as Jack Nicholson, Kim Basinger, Robert Wuhl, Michael Gough, Pat Hingle, Billy Dee Williams, and Jack Palance. The film, in which Batman deals with the rise of a costumed criminal known as "The Joker", was the first installment of Warner Bros.' initial Batman film series. After Burton was hired as director, Steve Englehart and Julie Hickson wrote film treatments before Sam Hamm wrote the first screenplay. Batman was not greenlit until after the success of Burton's Beetlejuice (1988). Numerous A-list actors were considered for the role of Batman. Nicholson accepted the role of the Joker under strict conditions that dictated a high salary, a portion of the box office profits, and his shooting schedule. Filming took place at Pinewood Studios from October 1988 to January 1989. The budget escalated from $30 million to $48 million, while the 1988 Writers Guild of America strike forced Hamm to drop out. Uncredited rewrites were performed by Warren Skaaren, Charles McKeown and Jonathan Gems.
Online Content related to
- What Film Generated the Most Buzz at Comic-Con?
- Daily Movie Quiz - The Villains of Batman
- Ultimate Fan Quiz - Superhero Movies
- Name That Batman Actor Photo Quiz
- Batman Ultimate Fan Quiz
- Batman Photo Quiz
- Jack Nicholson Says the Darndest Things - His Five Coolest Movie Outbursts
- Clooney, Keaton, Bale! Holy Batmans! Which Movie Caped Crusader Is the Sexiest?
- Flashback Five - Best Batman Movies
- Holy Sweet Rides, Batman! A Batmobile Better Than the One in The Dark Knight
- Flashback Five - The Best Movies of Jack Nicholson
- The Movie List - The Ten Most Unbelievable Transformations
- Flashback Five - Your Favorite Jack Nicholson Movies
- Ultimate Fan Quiz - Superhero Results