All AMC Shows
Movies on AMC
Risky Business (1983)
Risky Business is a 1983 American teen comedy-drama film written by Paul Brickman in his directorial debut. It stars Tom Cruise and Rebecca De Mornay. The hit film launched Cruise to stardom. Joel Goodson (Tom Cruise) is a high school student who lives with his wealthy parents in the North Shore area of suburban Chicago. His father wants him to attend Princeton University, his alma mater, so Joel participates in Future Enterprisers, an extracurricular activity in which students work in teams to create small businesses. When his parents go away on a trip, Joel's friend, Miles (Curtis Armstrong), convinces him to take advantage of his newfound freedom to have some fun. ("Opportunity makes your future, Joel.") On the first night, he raids the liquor cabinet, plays the stereo loudly, and dances around the living room in his underwear, socks and pink dress shirt to "Old Time Rock and Roll". The following day, Miles calls a call girl named Jackie on Joel's behalf. Jackie (Bruce A. Young) turns out to be a tall, masculine transvestite.
Online Content related to
- Q&A: Reynaldo Villalobos (Cinematographer) - Breaking Bad
- Daily Movie Quiz - Tom Cruise
- Ultimate Fan Quiz - Tom Cruise
- Tom Cruise Ultimate Fan Quiz
- Flashback Five - Tom Cruise's Best Movies
- Flashback Five - Which '80s Comedies Should Follow Heathers to the Small Screen?
- Flashback Five - Your Favorite Tom Cruise Movies